I started blogging at the encouragement of my friend Lisa Winkler who is a writer, teacher and cycling enthusiast. Lisa paid me the compliment of awarding me the “Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award.”
I enjoy reading her blog Cyclingrandma http://cyclingrandma.wordpress.com/
With the award there is a caveat, that the nominee may or may not choose to follow. The first is that you pass on the award to other bloggers. The second is to answer a total of 10 questions. So let me comply with answering the questions first.
1. What is your favorite color? If you looked in my closet, you would think my favorite color is black or gray. However, I really love the color magenta. I wear it a lot over black. I also like orange.
2. What is your favorite animal? I am fascinated by elephants, though you would not cuddle up with one. I am always amazed how something so big can be such loving. I would own a collie if I had the time. I always loved Lassie.
3. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? I love the taste of coffee. I drink it without sugar just a little cream. I stopped drinking sugar years ago so water and a twist of lemon is my mainstay.
4. Facebook, Twitter or both? I do both. However, I found out I am too wordy for twitter. There is an art to a meaningful tweet. I honed my skills on a medical advice site called HealthTap.
5. What is your favorite pattern? I love floral patterns. They look best on me now, especially with my natural hair. However, I love geometric patterns for pillows and dresses.
6. Do you prefer getting or giving presents? Well, I prefer both. I just read on Oprah.com that to be truly happy, you have to learn to give. So, I will be working on increasing my happiness by giving. It really looked at the small things we can do.
7. What is your favorite number? So, it is the number 1 because I always tried to be first because I am the oldest. After going through Medical School, 10 was OK, meaning second 10% of class.
8.What is your favorite day of the week? I love Sunday morning. It has always been a day to relax. When I was younger, it was church. Now it is a cup of coffee, breakfast and the New York Times.
9. What is your favorite flower? I have an allergy to flowers but if I didn’t, I would fill the house with roses. I had a rose garden when I lived on the Eastern Shore. My husband managed to save it after it was neglected by the previous owner. I always had them in the house despite my allergy. It was beautiful.
10. What is your passion? I really enjoy caring for patients. Every time I think about what else I could do, it all comes back to medicine. I am a Family Physician and I love it. Yoga is my next passion. I would be a yoga instructor. I think it has much in common with medicine and caring for people.
Here are my answers to your questions Lisa. I promise to get back with my nominees for this award.
Love your answers! So glad we stopped to chat too!
Thank you. I really enjoyed thinking about each answer.
Hi there! Thanks so much for checking out my blog! I’m liking what I see here so will be following yours as well. I look forward to your next post. :)